A Few Problems
1. The most abundant element in seawater is chlorine. Seawater contains 19,000 mg of chlorine per liter. Calculate this as g / cubic meter.
ANSWER 19000 g/m3
2. The average density of the total earth is 5.52 g/cc. Convert to kg/cubic meter.
ANSWER 5,520 kg/m3
3. The United States has produced more than 380,000 metric tons of Al per month. If the density of Al is 2.7 g / cc, how many cubic meters is this? ANSWER 140,000 m3/month
4. It is estimated that in the aurora borealis, excited hydrogen atoms in the atmosphere may travel 2000.0 km per second. Convert to miles/hour ANSWER 4,500,000 miles/hour
5. A 32 fluid-ounce (946 ml) can of fruit juice contains an artificial sweetener, calcium saccharin. The concentration is 7.5 mg sweetener per fluid ounce. Express this concentration in milligrams per milliliter. ANSWER .25 mg/ml.
6. A certain city uses 30,000.0 kl of water per day. How many metric tons of water are used in 1 year? Assume 365.0 days per year. ANSWER 10,950,000 tn/year
1 tonne =1000 kg